Friday 3 December 2010

Double Page Spread

By using a very useful and effective programme on the Mac computers, an application called 'pages', I have managed to create my own double page spread similar to those found in typical magazines.


Stage 1

This is the first draft of my double page spread. Its a very simple layout and all in black and white. I think this gives it a classier, easier to read look. I am going to now edit this as the top masthead is not fully shown and some of the images appear randomly placed.


Stage 2















This second draft is still simple, but the dense amount of text has been broken up by the green outline on the images and a small 'Top 5 Artists' to give a friendly vibe to the audience. Personal information is important as it makes the artists appear down to earth and also inspires fans. I changed the Image in the bottom left hand corner due to the fact I had already used the image on the contents page.

Stage 3















I have further edited my double page spread by enlarging certain quotes for effect, making the boarders of the images smaller, creating a shadow around each image and changing the colours to ensure continuity with the look of my whole magazine. This now ties in with my font cover and contents page and is still simple without appearing too bland.

No comments:

Post a Comment