Thursday 6 January 2011

How does your music magazine represent particular social groups?

Earlier in this blog, this question arose and through an analytical process of each image I had taken and used I realised how my magazine represented particular social groups. Through this process you notice the subconscious connotations that can come through your images accidentally.
My media product represents a social group which is not very well recognised in society at the moment. There is not an actual magazine out there which caters for this type of music as most people are oblivious to it. This is the Latin American/ Black group, of who are roughly from 16-26 years old. I represent this social group by the music featured inside, the colloquial language used, the ethnicity of the artists and the events that are promoted.


http://jcrossanmedia.blogspot.com/2010/11/representation-of-social-groups.html

No comments:

Post a Comment