Thursday 6 January 2011

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

I have discovered a lot of things about the use of technology during this project. I have used software which I would not use regularly such as Photoshop, Pages, Dafont and Slideshare and quite simply the use of the MACcomputer in general was an eye opener for me.

This has been used by 'Screen grabbing' from La Bomba website. A skill I have learned which has become very useful throughout this process and in my blog.






Photoshop has allowed me to edit, create layersedit the contrast of colors, add text and interesting fonts to my production all at once. Pages, a new programme to me has allowed me to create a very effective double page spread. Ihave been able to add images and larger text boxes within my article where it does not affect my text but simple just moves around it. You are able to create columns up to 7 or 8 which would be helpful in a newspaper article. I used 4 which gave me enough space to add my images and create a question and answerinterview.




Opening my own account with Slideshare has allowed me to upload powerpoint presentations which would normally take up a lot of space and allow me to compress this onto one simple slideshow. I can share any of my productions with people on this website.



Also creating my effective font i have used Dafont.com. which gives you a range of interesting designs to choose from.



This allowed me to create my masthead effectively which has palm trees in the middle signifying the exotic cuture of Reggaeton music.



No comments:

Post a Comment